Tuesday 29 November 2011

Is Facebook necessary?

Have you ever wondered what it was like before Facebook? Or what will happen if Facebook is to be no more? For me it is not going to change anything, it's not like it will be the end of the world. But one thing for sure we have to give Mark Zuckerberg the respect he deserves for being innovative.

Before Facebook, i was not in touch with people i knew when i was doing my primary education or even with my relatives that are abroad. It all changed when i joined FB, i was amazed with how easy it was to be linked to  people, from relatives to friends and friends of friends ... So i was in touch but only for a short while. To be honest, i joined FB so that i can check on people i knew ... what are they doing ... who is married ... who has kids .... and so on ...

It was also a platform for engaging in meaningful debates ... be it sports, politics, relationships ... i could share my thoughts with a lot of people. But for some reason i just stopped using FB. If i want to be in touch with my brother or sister, i either call or send an email. If i want to talk about sports or politics i visit my friends. And guess what, i am still not in touch with people i knew when i was in primary ... I am sure they were more curious to know how i was doing than to get in touch with me again ... which i am also guilty of ...

So after FB, everything is still the same. Nothing has been added or removed in my life. And i just came to one conclusion ... for me it is not necessary. I do not know about you, maybe it is great ... you use it to remind you of people who are having birthdays ... to stoke someone ... to check progress on others ... to stay in touch with relatives and friends ... and so on ... I would, however, like to know what you think about FB ... till next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment